Tuesday, April 04, 2006

my beauty...

I am velllllaaaaaaaaaa(got it right , buddy?) okie okie....my friend writes ,.,....

"the term is 'vella' and not 'vela'...wots in a freaking 'l' u ask?well a lot apparently, as was disclosed to me by my dear north indianfriend(parts deleted to protect identity)u cud normally say 'vela' in a straight flow... but tat is just sooooowrong... u shud say 'velllla' ensuring the tongue touching the upperpalate while enunciating the "l" sound.... it helps embody thecomplete lack of anythin else useful to do in tat time of enunciation:P so u see... how important it is??? :P :))))"



so decided to help my folks with my brother's wedding preparations. Assumed the role of the wedding planner, gave myself enough publicity even before i made an effort to do iota of work for them.

My mum suddenly decided to go saree shopping

shopping??? what..???!shopping???

....I love shopping....of course...i love shopping....who doesnt....???!;)!

There was a sale running (10% off on anything that you pick).....The shop that we chose belongs to a friend of ours and is a very traditional shop run by very modern people. The owner of the store came in sporting a satya paul saree.....and ushered us in.....after all the OH CONGRATULATIONS...!!!!!!!!! IS THIS YOUR DAUGHTER??? OHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH EHHHHHHHHHHH KHAWUIRY785638YIFHM4I7T6348T73976

We flopped ourselves on the floor to take a look at the sarees........

And for those two hours...I enjoyed myself....but couldnt help remembering tom hanks in You've got mail.....

Short decaf cap," "Tall mocha latte." "Grande lowfat regular.

oh man...the choices we have to make.....burgundy, brown, oh no no black....white....make it off white......yellow...golden brown, peacock blue..!!!!!!!!!!

kanchipuram.....pure kanchipuram.....cotton silk....silk cotton(yep there s a difference)...crepe, chiffon...,

and then they showed me the beauty...........I fell in love with her,......and and like all beauties she was out of reach!!!!!!!
I got the shocker when i saw her price tag.......bid her adieu...wished her well...hated the person who would love her and take her home after me.....held her in my arms...refused to let her go....!!


looking at my lunacy...my mum relented....!!!!!!!!!!!hooorah....!!!!

she is a peachish orangish- whateverish kanchivaram....with a wine red jari.....rich...classy....elegant......my beauty....!!!

for all those who wnat to see her....be there....august 31st....seshadri manadapam....coimbatore...

3 comments:

bombay dosti said...

do let us all see the beauty wearing the beauty... do pass on the fotographs incase we dont make it...

Jina said...

hehe..dats some invitation...not for ur brothers wedding..
but to c d beauty in the beauty..hehe..but sure dats a holding temptation...
I am not gonna c it..but sure pass on d snaps plzz

Vivekanand M said...

Hey..
Tis is Vivek from Orkut...
jus two hours 2 select the sarees??whoaa...tas some kinda record i guess..lolzzz...n yeha do send the pix...:D..