Monday, August 20, 2007

For all that has never been!

Have you ever felt bad about all the melodies that have never been made?

Well I do. All the time.

A colleague at work introduced me to a band called the Traveling Wilburys. An absolute delight to listen to and I couldnt stop myself from playing their tracks over and over again.As I scanned the internet for more info about them and their music, I realised that they had come out with two albums(Vol 1 and Vol 3. Loved the madness).

I couldnt but help and feel low about all the wonderful music they might have made had they stuck around for a little while more(or may be if Roy Orbison had not died.) Its not bad enough I havent been able to attend a Simon and Garfunkel concert at Central Park,now I have to live with the fact that the Traveling Wilburys made just a handful of tracks.

Sometimes I feel, a lifetime isnt enough to really listen to all the songs we want to listen to, to read all the verses we have to.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to ur guitar affair??

Akila said...

Its beginning again buddy:)!

Anonymous said...

Hi Akku

please see our blog and if possible blog roll it on your page.

http://htoh.wordpress.com

thanks pa

vivek

Arpita said...

I thought of the same thing when i heard Nanci Griffith.. she still sings tho and has lots of music (i'll send you some).. but hardly anyone knows her here and her musics tough to get...

Love your blog :)

Cacophoenix said...

A lifetime sometimes isn't enough to even listen to all the songs that we have in our heads and all the verses we wish we could write...I hear you though. Maybe you should start a band exclusively for all the songs that you feel haven't been played enough!!!

Akila said...

@arpita:

woman...couldnt have missed u more than these past few days...amazing music discoveries:) just no1 to shout out to!!! I have tyo catch up on ur blog..been ages...Nanci griffith huh?> lemme check her out today...oh btw U rock:)!

Akila said...

@caco: S&G just summarized it rite...On a tour of one night stands, my suitcase and guitar in hand, every stop is neatly planned for a poet and a one man band! Home ward bound!

Anonymous said...

moni

music, in many ways like your soul - finds you ;-)