Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Wishing myself well

Last week I had received a gift from a friend. My roomie took one look at the gift and remarked I was probably not the only person who had got that for a gift!!

I said "just another week to go..." and a friend remarked-"So is this like your tactic to get more gifts?"

My brithday is around the corner.

In fact my birthday is tomorrow.

Every now and then I am faced with people who dont want me to make a din about my birthday!

I wonder why! Theres a mothers day theres a fathers day, the nation has a holiday on Gandhi's birthday.So what happens on my birthday? Nothing. Worse I am expected to keep mum about it?

This is one day which has me written all over it. Even if I have to share this day with lots of people across the world,have people who I dont like born on days ahead of and behind mine!!
I would like to be wished by friends and family.I want to be happy about the fact I have managed to live 24 years on this earth.I want to celebrate being myself.

My brother once forgot his birthday. How can someone forget his/her own birthday??!

Every birthday to me like a milestone. Milestone of me living my life. Milestones that I have crossed with the help of my family and friends.Its the end of one chapter and start of a new one in the book that I have chosen to write-my life.

Its a stop and check and go for me to renew myself every once in a while.

I cherish every phone call I get. I cherish every gift that I receive. I value the people who stay up till 12 just to wish me.I am happy when friends fret over the fact they will not get through to me at 12 as they are somehow sure that my phone would be busy.

It makes me that much happy to know that in this world there a few souls who love me for what I am.

So here to myself...Happy Birthday!!!!!

On this occasion i want to thank appa, amma, anna, renju, hari, vaish, sanjana ma'am, anu, sanga, maddy, sandy, siddhu, vinay, satish, goose man,arpit, payal,VK sir, suzie boy and the icing on my cake for being around at all times.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Narcissism describes the character trait of self love.

The word is derived from a Greek myth. Narcissus was a handsome Greek youth who rejected the desperate advances of the nymph Echo. As punishment, he was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. Unable to consummate his love, Narcissus pined away and changed into the flower that bears his name, the narcissus.

Freud believed that some narcissism is an essential part of all of us from birth [1].

Andrew Morrison claims that, in adults, a reasonable amount of healthy narcissism allows the individual's perception of his needs to be balanced in relation to others[2].

In psychology and psychiatry, excessive narcissism is recognized as a severe personality dysfunction or personality disorder, most characteristically Narcissistic Personality Disorder, also referred to as NPD.

The terms "narcissism", "narcissistic" and "narcissist" are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

Jina said...

oye gal..happy birthday..i dont have ur number..if u scrap me that..i wil deftly cal u..but if u dont get d time to do dat...
im sending along a bigg basket of hugs..kissies...flowers..n all those u wish for!!!!..muaah

Puranjoy said...

happy birthday. nice blog.

Cacophoenix said...

Finally some one who understands the need to go around talking about their own birthdays. It is so irritating when people say Huh!! is it your birthday so soon. Wasn't it just a few months back.....Anyway Wish you a totally rocking birthday. Hope you learn to love yourself more, trsut your instincts more and enjoy your company more.
You are an amazing person, a totally rocking friend I wish I had known more and an absolutely beautiful person inside out. Have a great day

bombay dosti said...

happy birthday akila..!!!!
hope you had a rocking day!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday ak(h)ila!
Just wondering...is there are an order to your list of well wishers?

Karthick Gopal said...

OK im sorry i missed this. Happy Bday as a gift, ill give you a new template IF you ever get online to say hi.