Monday, July 10, 2006

HOMEWARD BOUND

I am bach and I am leaving this place called Ghaziabad(which incidentally happens to be among the ten most dynamic cities of the world according to a survey by Newsweek)

It is bye bye to the land of roti and makkan(albeit for a short while) and holaz to the land of idly and dosa!!!


I am going to CHENNAI!!!!! yohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!


It is almost like breaking fetters and running free.


I keep imagining how nice it would be to speak in tamil again.I would meet people who understand why I speak the way I do. I am going to madras!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention the joy of reading The Hindu everyday instead of having to wake up to Mallika Sherawat's half clad pictures and nonsense ramblings of socialites.

I keep imagining how horrible it will be to meet southy men again-men who would wonder why I am working and not getting married, men who would comment on every metre of cloth I wear.

I am looking forward to see the metro chennai my friends keep bragging about.


Best of all I will be a nights journey away from home. Nothing can beat the joy of having near and dear ones at an arms length!

My friend Hari(who writes nonsense comments in every piece I write) informs me with glee that I am going to get roasted alive. He also takes cheer in telling me I have to commute for almost 1 hr to work everyday!!


But buddies I have survived Delhi/noida/ghaziabad. I am ready to take chennai head on!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonsense comments eh!!!!... madras va!!!!...lady!!!!... oru kai pathukalam!!!!

Anonymous said...

idly and dosa...........yummy yum!! Have fun in chennai gal!!

Akila said...

@anon:

More than te food...i think i am happy i know some ppl around in chennai....thanks pal... btw whoz this??

Anonymous said...

ahhh so finally u get respite from the tortuous confines of north india :P ALL tat cribbing must ve finally gotten into the ears of ur seniors :P hehehehe
congrats rahega :) so all ur prayers seem to have been answered!

Akila said...

@ anon: oye webmaster....why cant u reply to my sms-es....I dint crib okie;)! I put up a brave face against all odds...sounds cool nah! shud note it down somewhere and mebbe use it in a meeting!!!

reply kar:P!

Anonymous said...

@sarcastic, evil, nutty gal: :P :P helloooooo didnt u get moi mail?? no cell fone, lady! :(( maxx pain r thr!

btw u dont really HAVE to crib do ya?? just follow the three step procedure to salvation...
1. share ur yahoo id
2. openly and narcissistically advertise ur blog id on yahoo msgr status
3. place ALL cribs on the blog
... and viola ur boss knows EXACTLY how u feel :P :P hehehehe... or shud i say muahahahaha :P :P