Thursday, May 25, 2006

oops....!!!

My cousin from Nagercoil was at home for a couple of days. She was here to get admission into one of the engineering colleges(which claims to be a deemed university).

The 12th std results were out only a couple of days back and there has been a ruling already saying that tamil would be compulsory from the next batch onwards. I immediatley thanked my stars for having been born earlier than the current batch. Phew.....

I learnt tamil on my own because my friends would make fun of me saying I cant read and write tamil. I learnt from "LEARN TAMIL IN 30 DAYS". My dad refused to let me travel by the town bus after that because I was apparently reading gandhipark as gandhipuram and getting into wrong buses!

And this one time ( at band camp;)) okie thatz not funny...sorry) we were travelling by our car and i was testing my tamil reading skills by reading every billboard I could see. In front of us was a lorry which had a message written on it at the back. This was weird. I read it aloud. I didnt understand it. My dad kept saying shut up but i wouldnt stop. Turned out it was an ad advicing men to wear condoms!!!!!

No comments: