Friday, February 24, 2006

go goa!

Been wanting to write this for a long time... dint shape up too well...!!! but herez to our goa trip! Go GOA!!!!!!!!!!will upload the pics with the blog sometime soon.....
GO GOA:

It was a lazy Sunday morning when Anu and me were taking a walk to the shop peeche.

All of a sudden anu started budgeting for our forever-in-the-pipeline Goa trip. The beaches, sand, the paragliding…all the fun…..how many times me and anu had had this conversation. I was sick. We needed to do something. We decided to just go. We went to the girls hostel only to be greeted by maddy. I said “ want to go to goa?”. She was blown away…Goa..(In the typical maddy way) I think it didn’t strike her till we actually boarded the bus…!!!!

The next victim was Vini who threw a small tantrum saying she wanted to get her parents permission( hmmmmmm…..). Then anu sent an sms to adi(the charming guy of our class according to sarla rao) which went like” planning a trip to goa…plz say yes” and we got an equally smart reply---”yes”….how much we cheered. Adi joined us shortly reasoning that he wanted to come to Goa was because it was in his KRA s for the fourth sem. The next round of sms-es went to Vinay and gang. We roped in Sandy who tried to resist by giving reasons like research…but we got the better of her. So off we went to book tickets.

When we returned , Anu suddenly realized that the two day trip we had planned would be too short. But I had my Rem Mgmt ppt on Monday….devil and the deep sea…(quite literally…tissians would know what I meanJ) Finally we decided to just have max fun in 2 days at Goa. We counted days till 26th jan. We prepared like never before, dresses to wear, sunglasses, moisturizer, bags, money…the endless list….

But unfortunately vini had to drop out…we missed you vini….

So the jing bang of AKILA, ANU, MADDY, SANDY, DIVI, SANGHA, VINAY, HEMANT, ADI, ANIKET set out for GOA!

We waited eagerly…hmmmmm actually just whiled away our time till the day arrived;)!
Boarded the Volvo and reached panjim.


Anu naturally glided into the troop leader’s role thanks to her innumerable visits to Goa. While she went to get some bikes(yes we rode all over goa in bikes) me, maddy, sandy, divi, sangha waited for them in the bus stop. And of course we had the women’s man hemant to give us company. We picked up the bikes and off we went to Calangute. Did I mention we had no place in mind to stay…we just followed the road and our hearts….

Once in Calangute we luckily got a nice resort to stay in. We quickly changed into our beach wear;)(esp sandy). Sandy showcased a completely different side of her personality in Goa. Sandy is a very classy person who doesn’t indulge in juvenile acts(like many of us) and dresses to the same taste. But that day sandy turned pinky with her pink scarf and wait….best of all…..pink bangles….But she remained sexy as ever!!!! And she didn’t stop with that…she roped in maddy for her hunt for a sarong…so me and anu took the wise route…We ditched them!!!!!!!!
We found this really nice breakfast place….had brunch and set out for the calangute beach…..Now now where r the guys we suddenly thought…..they had taken the easy way out and gone to the beach on their own….(never mind !)

Had a rollicking time in the beach…hemant did his Baywatch moves in the water with his glasses and floaters on, anu refused to get out of the water except for once to have a breezer, sandy was too busy taking snaps, sangha gave anu company, divi in the water with her cap and full sleeve on lest she lose her hair and complexion!!! adi aniket vinay maddy played Frisbee and where was i…??! I was lost……lost in my thoughts, in knee deep water, thoroughly enjoying myself, shrieking like I had lost my marbles, having fun like no one else was watching…..went on the water scooter(refer previous entries;))!

It was around 2:30 we realized we had spent half a day doing almost nothing…so we decided to get back , get dressed and explore Goa….I couldn’t wait to get onto the ACTIVAS we had rented…so off we went….

We reached Baga and took a de tour to Vagator and by the time we reached the DCH fort , it was too late….so we ditched the attempt and went back to baga beach……

In baga I tasted my full fledged alcohol laced drink- breezer!!!:)) I know….i know…breezer aint alcohol, you need 16 breezers to get high….but whos bothered….

We went to brittos for dinner…..some awesome Italian food, stomachz full, hearts contented with the day we decided to head back…..

While the guys got up next morning and claimed to have gone jogging….we woke up just in time to make full use of our last day in Goa…we decided to head towards the DCH fort again….i was already scared….i hate anything that is even remotely inclined, slightly slippery but nevertheless……the ride was awesome….maddy and me were biking partners…adi tried to take as many pictures as possible with his mean biker look but he dint look remotely mean from any angle I looked at!!! Maddy and me got lost and when we got back on track we saw our very own angels adi and hemant waiting at the turn for us…..and the ingrates we were, we zoomed by waving a bye to them…..adi later remarked “ the gals looked so happy getting lost!!” reached the fort…a small trek and the fort was there in all its….ahem…..okie ….glory….

Well when I saw the shot of the fort in the movie Dil Chahta Hai… I was blown….actually am just exaggerating…It looked good…. But in real it wasn’t so gr8….we met these two guys who were selling cool drinks in the fort, overpriced cool drinks I should say….we took walks along the fort…I stayed on the ground while rest of them walked on the wall…..( I am such a coward….but blimey on a rickety wall for thrills…..no I’d rather stay on ground!!!!) saw some downright cheap guys who lived up to their reputation, reminded me of my KCT days( my engg college) ….Hemant and divi were on their own trip making portfolios of themselves by taking turns posing for the photographs…While the whole crowd opted to climb down the hill to the beach me and maddy chose to drive down….!!!! So we went back, picked up the vehicle to meet the crowd at vagator beach…..On the way maddy caught up some awesome breakfast at this place called the mango tree which had a huge flat screen and played movies every night!
While maddy ate her beans and toast I did a bit of shopping….haggled for a set of 5-6 hairbands…..was very pleased with the deal I got and caught with the gang at the beach….We ate some of the best food in a shack…..awesome French toast, pan cakes….juice….I think breakfast is the best meal of the day…hate lunch, hate dinner love breakfast though it was almost lunch time by the time we had food!!

The guys decided to take to the water again…frolicked…wrote my name on the sand….tasted prawn sandwich(just a bite)….


We then decided to get back to calangute beach….4 guess what?? Parasailing…..

Oh God I had been watching the junta parasailing the other day….it looked so good from far off but when I got near those gigantic things I was shit scared…..I am not afraid of heights…just inclined things make me go hay wire…..But I thought…IF NOT NOW…WHEN??! so 6 of us signed up….me and adi….sangha and hemant…..maddy and sandy…..sangha and hemant made purfffect landing…..and next was my turn……I was shocked when I saw the form I was signing….i paid 500 bucks and signed a form which said I knew swimming perfectly well and could save myself….!!!ya rite…..i cant walk straight let alone swim and save myself…..!! nevertheless…..

We got ourselves strapped and off we went………

…………………………………………………………………………….

I think those moments in air single handedly takes the pride of place amongst my most cherished moments ever……me and adi just shut up….it’s strange….you cant hear a word... you are there……the sun on ur face…..the water below you…..I didn’t close my eyes lest I miss any moment…..and before you know its all over…and your back to the cacophony….but you can never forget that moment when you were with just yourself……up in the air…..

The beauty of physics strikes you when you are done with it…..junta plz do this…itz just awesome….

Headed back to panjim….tanned to the core….sun burnt…..but very happy…..

As usual we promised to do this once every year…in the back of our minds we all knew it might never happen……..

As I sat in the bus….i just thought…Its all over…..my days as a student….all the careless fun filled days….living off parents and brothers money……but this goa trip I let myself loose……my assignments took a back seat….research was forgotten….and I had done a lot of things that I would have never done otherwise….tasted prawns….drank what is remotely alcohol….. ……played in the water like there aint no tomorrow(double negative…..i cant help it….just once!!) got lost and felt happy for as tolkien said “ not all who wander are lost”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

U did ALl that in 2 days! Whew!
I go to goa religiously once in every three months! My next trip is planned next weekend! Post some snaps so people know what ur talking about!!!!

vinay said...

could actually see what you had written.i think u did justice to ur writing...initially felt it was a bit lengthy..but it is enjoyable.....coz it is very simple..

Rajan Rambles said...

Reminded me of the fun I had when I went there long back.

Wonderful blog akila. Keep 'em coming!!